The Conway Mansion is one of the last historically significant single-family residences on Sheridan Road. Built in 1908 for the family of Richard F. Conway, a successful Chicagoan whose construction company built Lake Shore Drive, the house stood among the many elegant mansions that once lined Sheridan Road. Generations later, the Sacred Heart Schools renovated and re-positioned the property for special events, meeting spaces, and additional administrative offices. In collaboration with Antunovich Associates, we completed a full restoration of the building’s exterior and interior. New and improved elements include the brick and limestone façade, a clay tile roof, cornices designed to match historic features, new wood windows replicating the originals, as well as new restroom facilities. Historic finishes such as mosaic tiles, intricately carved woodwork and moldings, quarter-sawn oak floors, plaster details, and decorative painted surfaces were restored.
Location: Edgewater, Chicago
Architect: Antunovich Associates
Size: 10,000 SF