Formerly built as a warehouse in 1908, Tandem transformed the space into a private auto gallery, now home to an impressive collection of vintage European cars. The gallery features a car detailing bay, media area, and sleeping accommodations for overnight guests. An entertainment lounge was designed to host gatherings with friends, featuring a sunken bar that provides an expansive view of the collection. To maintain and celebrate the character of the building, we created a “Hopes” glass window wall to preserve the original wood columns. Tandem leveraged insulated metal panels to provide a low maintenance barrier while creating a sleek, white backdrop for the cars.
Read more about the space featured in Crain’s Chicago Business here.
Location: West Loop, Chicago
Architect: Tandem Architecture
Interior designer: AC Atelier
Size: 6,000 SF