Originally built in the 1880s, the Union League Club purchased the building at 2157 W. 19th Street in 1920 with the mission of ministering to the area’s youth. After serving the community for over 75 years, the building required extensive repair. Together with Tandem, the Club developed a plan to renovate and expand the space to 40,000 square feet, nearly doubling its size. Our team rebuilt the eastern building while renovating the original building at the corner. The project presented a range of complexities but Tandem worked extensively with the Club’s leadership to ensure minimal disruptions to daily operations. The facility now includes a new mechanical system, gym, science lab, activity rooms, computer center, administrative center, and classrooms. It was a high profile project and at its completion, was honored by both Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle.
Location: Pilsen, Chicago
Architect: Antunovich Associates
Size: 40,000 SF